Saturday, March 6, 2010

ohmygoodnesstodaywassobusy

This is my blog for Friday. The times on here are a little off - so maybe it will still show up for Friday. I can't believe I could make it 11 days straight with a blog entry and miss a day! ACK! This will bother me for all eternity. I am a little anal about things like that!

Okay, well, I will make today quick.

It's obvious that Real Life is becoming more of a priority for me to miss a day! This morning started out quite different than most mornings. Instead of taking E. to school and then going to work, I took her to school, walked her to class and took lunch orders. Luckily, only one little girl forgot her lunch. Today was FIELD TRIP DAY. A couple of months ago I started organizing this morning's field trip. I suggested to E. teacher that the children would have a great time going to help at the Rescue Mission. She loved the idea - and eventually it shaped up into a morning at the mission sorting blankets, clothes and toys and then a bus ride over to the women and children's shelter in town to present a quilt the children made (!!!) and have a sack lunch and put on a wonderful skit that they wrote - about encouragement and about the animals in nature. Things were going well until I called my friend the volunteer coordinator with the Rescue Mission on Thursday evening and found out that he had accidentally erased the entire field trip from his calender! We had to re-organize and re-plan everything with such short notice - so imagine my amazement when everything went off without a hitch. So many things could have gone wrong but PHEW...they didn't!

The residents of the shelter were so touched by the children's skit about encouragement and there wasn't a dry eye in the entire place when the children showed off the quilt they made. :) The shelter decided to hang it in the hall for everyone to see. The children each colored their own panel - making it into a beautiful picture - and then the pictures were sewn together onto the backing. It made for a gorgeous result...bright and cheerful. The shelter director was blown away and I was so glad that the kids had a great time. The shelter and the mission are a bit of a pet project of mine so it felt good to get back in there. E. and I are planning to serve meals there at the shelter soon - and head back to the mission for volunteering again soon too. They need so much help...and wow, I love helping!

I think at this point I am babbling. I will finish by saying I rushed off to work and worked for the remainder of the day. Went to the bank (work and personal) and a couple of stops (one for coffee and one for groceries) and then headed home to throw dinner together and we all sat and watched the new television show "Who Do You Think You Are" on TV. WHICH I highly recommend. A prime-time show about geneology? WE WERE GLUED! FANTASTIC! I passed out on the couch about 9:01 and woke up at 2:21. Five hours of dead sleep and man did I need it.

I will close with one of my favorite songs. When I was suffering so much back in late December / early January this song brought me back from the edge of dispair over and over again. I actually first heard it in SL church. I used to attend a Wednesday night service with Koinonia. This song gave me chills the first time I heard it and has brought me to tears many times since. I guess that's another good thing I can say that I brought with me from SL. This song...

No comments:

Post a Comment