Monday, March 15, 2010

Life usually has a way of teaching you about priorities

So life generally finds a way to make you stop obsessing about yourself and your own pain when it suddenly takes a dramatic turn and throws in pain for those you love. Which, on the surface, completely SUCKS. But deep down, can help someone in recovery from a depression.

Perspective is an interesting thing. What seems important one day can be absolutely meaningless the very next day. For example, the deli being out of your favorite meat can really be annoying - but, when placed alongside someone not having any food to eat or even money to spend on food in the first place, it seems completely pointless.

So also someone who has a relatively well-paying job suddenly and unexpectedly being laid off makes not getting a raise when you get a promotion seem very, very, minor indeed. I got a promotion at work on Friday and I am very proud. For those who have followed, I was just given Employee of the Month a week or so ago. I am absolutely blessed to be working where I am - with a group of individuals who are so concerned and caring and loving and kind. I did NOT get a raise, but as I said when it happened, sometimes hearing "I don't even have one thing I can think of that I would change about your performance, Stephanie" can go just about as far as a raise. Although the money would sure come in handy, especially now.

The weekend at the cabin was very good emotionally. It was an opportunity to decompress and completely unplug technology-wise. Well, except the iPod. Music must be there somewhere! A little log cabin sat smack down in the edge of the woods on the side of a mountain, I felt like the whole world was peaceful. My heart felt settled and my soul filled. I love the mountains.

This is the sunrise through the trees outside the front door of the cabin on Sunday morning



This is a picture of one of the more lovely views on the way home



Tall, Tall TREES



Trees have a way of making me happy too. Something about them. Upon arrival at the cabin I was a bit shocked at the noise everywhere. It was borderline obnoxious in volume. I looked up and I was surprised to realize where the loud humming and wooshing originated. It came from the trees. The wind was whipping through them quite loudly. It was a beautiful thing. I so enjoy feeling, smelling, sensing and experiencing the world around me in that way.

One thing as a side note, before I close this blog entry. My stats for this blog came out just now as I was writing this - and last week I had 226 hits and 118 visits and 82 NEW visitors. So welcome...and thank you for reading about me and about my experiences with Second Life and First Life. I hope and pray you will take something good with you when you leave the blog...and I am so greatful for you coming in the first place. To all of you who have emailed me individually, you are always in my thoughts. In my mind, I send you hugs and smiles and lots of peaceful days.

A cheerful song for a Monday. Mondays need cheerful songs - and this one makes me smile EVERY time I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment