Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Makes Me Think God's A Woman Too

So there's this movie - the movie itself is pretty excellent, but the SONG...the song that this movie delivered to us wrapped in a lovely package and tied with a generous bow...the song makes the movie epic and vice versa. In my YouTube favorites, this was the VERY FIRST song I favorited. It resonated with me...and I love that word "resonated" - it's a fantastic word! The song gives me chills even now and makes me feel empowered. Turn UP your volume and enjoy...



Today was a pretty empowering day. I was greeted this morning by a wonderful email from a friend, I was awarded "Employee Of The Month" at work (WOOT) and I had a great lunch with my coworkers. We laughed and joked and teased and enjoyed each other - sometimes we feel so much like a family, I forget I'm working. :) Today my boss's children were there too and I played with them and held them and cuddled and smooched them. We colored and shared bananas and and and...it was just a super day. After work/school I grabbed E. and we stopped at the store and grabbed some maple cookies and I didn't have anywhere else I needed to be - other than WITH her. and WOW, what a great feeling to just have to think about spending time with my sweet girl.

We headed home where we had cookies and milk and cuddled and watched cartoons - AFTER I managed to do some healthy parenting and go in and fix a little behavior problem. I have let toooo many things slide over the past 17 months - and that was evident today again. And it's amazing - you know, children DO want parental input. I spoke sternly to her about disobeying, demanded a 10-minute time out and she went to her room and sobbed. I came in after 10 minutes and she said "I almost suffocated and died. I had no Kleenex." and I tried not to laugh as I hugged her close and said that I hated to punish her but that I loved her so much. She said she didn't deserve milk and cookies - her afterschool snack - and I said her punishment was over. She was glued to me afterwards...looking at me adoringly. I was truly shocked. If I knew it was that easy to make her adore me...wow. I would have given her a time out sooner. WOW, I can't remember the last time I gave her a time-out actually. I mean, she's so GOOD - so well behaved - an "old soul" as it were. I just always feel like I should "treat her with respect and she will respect me back" but sometimes she gets excited and wants to do things without permission. Hopefully we got that taken care of today though. :)

We went out for a nice walk and time at the playground after snack. We played and climbed and even went down the slide. :) Back home and dinner and beer (for me) and a bath (for her). When it comes to beer, I am a cheap date these days - give me one beer and I am lightly toasted and completely relaxed. My eyes also start to close on their own too - LOL - so I think I will just end this blog entry here. :)

The days are still brighter, the moments still fresher, the sun yellower and so many things just BETTER. I spoke with a RL SLfriend yesterday and she said "You sound so GOOD..." and I just said "That's because I FEEL GOOD!" hahahaha It's not that hard to imagine that. :)

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie, your writing is so crisp, so visceral, so packed with meaning. We must always think the best of people and do our part to be kind and helpful. Last month my wife and I were at the train station on our way to the opera. We saw a man who looked like he needed something; maybe food. So we went over to him and found that he needed money for the train. We gave him $5.00. Sunday we were again at the train station on our way to another opera and a man was working the crowd there. He was asking for money so he could catch a train home. He sat down next to my wife and started to ask. I shouted in my loudest voice, "NO!" He started to talk again and gain I shouted, "NO!" Later we saw the man in a corner counting his money. Were we victims the first time? I don't know. In the first incident I felt good about the transaction. In the second incident I did not feel at all good about the man or about my reaction. Love you blog.

    ReplyDelete