Friday, February 26, 2010

Getting S.M.A.R.T

So one of my favorite quotes these days is Obi-Wan's quote..."You find many of the truths you cling to depend greatly on your point of view"

Clarity of mind, truth in life and pure joy is not in SL for me. This morning I got SMART. About 20 minutes before I was supposed to leave the house for work, I realized - one reason I have been so miserable and crying in my car has been because of the music I have been listening to. SO...I decided to take a break from music in my car. For anyone who truly knows me, taking a break from "music" is cause to be concerned that this could be a sign of the apocalypse. I love music and live with music constantly in my life.

I quickly brought up my iTunes and hurriedly searched new Podcasts and found 3 or 4 awesome ones I couldn't wait to hear. I started downloading the files and the moment I got into my car, I plugged the synced iPod in and started learning about Capon and Yorkshire Pudding and then on the way home I laughed hard with Ricky Gervais and a few of his friends. :) It was a unique and COMPLETELY AWESOME way to spend my ride. I drive for about 25 minutes each way to work...so it's a significant amount of time I spend in the car each day.

Today is day 4 completely out of SL...and I am doing well so far - even still. I am relishing the opportunity to feel like there's no reason to hurry. :) I know so many of the feelings I had about SL and the people there were ones I imposed upon myself. I am 100% aware of that. However, that being said, I soooooooo enjoy all this new-found relaxation time. The feeling that I can take a deep breath and close my eyes and just zone. :) I said it before, and I will say it again - there are SOME people that SL is just MEANT for. Seriously. These people take great things from it and I am SO glad for them. I don't WANT them to leave. Then there are other people that SL is SO bad for. People like me. Sure, I found myself alone most nights...so it was a way for me and my social-butterfly self to always keep active (mentally at least) and not feel so alone but I have got to replace the SL time with RL time. I am looking into some sewing classes (I would LOVE to learn to sew!) and maybe some late-night bookstore trips and more weekends like last weekend where I went over to a friend's house for a clothing-swap with a bunch of strangers! I walked away with a few new friends - LOCAL friends - that I can spend time with!

Today the Culligan Man at work flirted with me again for the hmm... 8th time? THIS time he accused me of avoiding him the past few times he has been in (I have been, actually) and always saying no when he asked me out (for the record, he has NEVER asked me out). It was a total ego boost for me - I mean, in SL when someone flirts with you, it's a big ego boost... but in RL...well, there's just no comparison. :D Of course I was wearing an uber cute new shirt I got from Old Navy for my birthday and my hair is getting so long...I just felt cute today...so I guess that must have come through somehow. It always ALWAYS feels good when someone compliments you on your appearance. And I feel like I am looking...hmmm...less stressed maybe. The weight I have lost over the past 12 months is still gone - and more is coming off. I have never looked better in my adult life than I do now. I weigh less now than I have in 13 years. I feel so much more confident than I did even a couple of weeks ago. :) It's just an all-around great feeling. I feel blessed and pleasant. I am no longer faking my smiles. Wow...I just made that realization. I have been faking them for a long time. It's just great to have genuine feelings coming out of me.

I had a song picked out to embed from YouTube but the thing is, it's a bit depressing - and I feel too good to post it. LOL - I am actually giggling as I type that. :) So, instead, something different.



I smile every time I hear this song. So it's a great way to close this post. With a virtual and a RL smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment